Saturday, April 4, 2009

Now to Introduce the newest SILVER BEAVER!!!


Last night I had the opportunity to attend a Boy Scouts of America award ceremony recognizing my father, Joel Frederiksen, for his outstanding work in boy scouting and with the youth. He received the prestigious silver beaver award. Wikipedia defines the award as, "The Silver Beaver is an award given to those who implement the Scouting program and perform community service through hard work, self sacrifice, dedication, and many years of service. It is given to those who do not actively seek it."
Words cannot express how proud I am of him. He is the best example to not only me, but to all of the children and teens that he works with on a daily basis. He taught me to work hard, and to never give up and he teaches this message not by word of mouth, but by example. He loves his work, and he loves his kids. I hope I can be just like him someday.


2 comments:

Home on the Grange said...

that is fantastic! Your Dad interviewed for my eagle. He is such a great man!

LC said...

Congrats to your Dad! That's awesome! Hey will you tell chris I'd love to check out their blog if they would like to invite me to! Libigail14@yahoo.com

Post a Comment