Here's my entry. Who's not going to want to be our friend after this???? :)
Scott and Katie Smith met at their singles branch in Roy, Utah the summer of 2007. Katie was living at home and attending school at Weber State University in pursuit of her Bachelor's degree in Social Work and Scott was living in an apartment with two of his bachelor friends while working full-time at a travel agency and attending school full-time in pursuit of his English degree. One evening they met in the school computer lab and exchanged phone numbers, and as they say, the rest is history. Scott proposed on Katie's graduation day in May 2008 and they were married for time and all eternity on August 1, 2008 in the Ogden, Utah temple.
Scott graduated with his Bachelor's degree in English a year later in May of 2009 and was accepted to the graduate English program at Arizona State University which brought them to Tempe in August 2010. He hopes to one day receive his PhD in English to eventually become a literature professor at the collegiate level. Scott served in the Tempe, Arizona mission and is excited to be in his old "stomping grounds". He also likes to read, watch movies, and try new food.
Katie works for LDS Family Services as an expectant parent/adoption caseworker. She enjoys spending time with friends and family, reading, blogging, watching movies, traveling and recently discovered sewing.
They are both really excited to be in Arizona, meet new friends, and get involved in the ward.









7 comments:
Sounds perfect! I would love to be your friend! ;o)
I want to be your friend too - and thanks for omitting the fact that Scott can crack every bone in his body.
If you really want some interesting tidbits on a person, you should ask their siblings. I have some great ones on Scotty. But your version is perfect - save the gross stories until people are already your friends.
Sounds great. I'd want to be your friend.
Well done! You are sure to be a hit :) Oh! and I love the picture!
I'd be your friend! What a fun way for people to get to know one another, I think I should suggest that for our ward, I swear we at least one new family move in every week and I can't keep them straight. I hope you are enjoying it down there.
Yes, I would want to be your friend!!!!!! Glad you made it there safely. Your apartment looks great. We miss you!!!!!!! But I'm happy for you :)
Post a Comment