It has always been a tradition in my family to carve pumpkins before Halloween. I think this began when my Dad started as an Elementary principal and would put together pumpkin alleys at school. In preperation we would carve multiple pumpkins for his school, and then they would be displayed on our porch on Halloween.
I personally LOVE to carve pumpkins. I think it's a fun and creative way to celebrate the holiday. My husband, on the other hand, doesn't enjoy carving and so he usually opts out of doing it. This year was no exception, so I decided to carve a few pumpkins on my own.
They are going to look so awesome next to our front door on Halloween!
This one is my favorite.
Lastly, I was going through my camera the other day and I noticed I have pictures from my family trip to Hogle Zoo last year. We went on Halloween. There are some cute pictures of the baby elephant and giraffes so I decided I would add them to this post.
Happy Halloween!









4 comments:
How fun! I bet Beauty & the Beast was amazing! Your pumpkins turned out cute.
Amazing pumpkins! I didn't know real people could make them look that professional. I'm more along the lines of Scott - I carve one each year (or better yet, Dave does) but mostly so I can roast the pumpkin seeds
you are so good at carving!!
Katie, your pumpkins look great!!! Glad you guys are able to fit a little bit of fun in while you are there.
Post a Comment