This was the maiden voyage for the Tom Tom I received from my parents for my birthday.
We got a pretty late start on Monday, but when we finally pulled out, we decided to take the long way to Snowflake through Globe. We stopped often to see all the pretty scenery on our drive.
We pulled into town around 7:00 pm and checked into our bed and breakfast. The old pioneer home was such a treat to stay in. It had a large front porch with comfortable seating and a beautiful fountain. At night the place was lit with little white lights.
Each of the rooms have modern day comforts such as air conditioning, tv, indoor plumbing... etc., but they are decorated with the antique looking furniture from the pioneer time.
The next morning we woke to have breakfast out on the patio. The hosts made "German Babies" with lemon juice and powdered sugar. It was so delicious! We're going to eat our German pancakes like that from now on.
After a couple hours of lounging on the hammock we packed up and checked out. We were sad to leave. Before we went home we stopped by the Snowflake LDS Temple and took some pictures.
While the trip was short, I was happy to have the time to spend with my sweetheart. I love him so much and I'm so grateful for the past 3 years with him. I can't wait for many many more!









2 comments:
Happy Birthday and anniversary! Your scenery pictures of AZ are gorgeous!!
What a fun Birthday & Anniversary. Even though it was short it still sounds like a great little getaway!
Post a Comment