We flew from the Salt Lake Airport on Saturday and arrived in Pheonix around 1:00 pm. It was a perfect 80 degree day. We picked up our rental car and drove to Tempe and checked into our hotel. Our hotel was really close to ASU campus, and the perfect place for us to begin our apartment search. I'm guessing we toured nearly 20 apartment complexes the whole time we were there and were able to see some really nice places, and some not so nice places as well. We've decided that in Tempe YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I was really feeling confident that we would find the place for us.
Our last full day in Arizona (Monday), we were tired, had seen lots of apartments, already had a few in mind, and were thinking our search was done, when we drove past an apartment complex that looked really nice and decided this would be our last place we would check out. Thank heaven we decided to stop, because this was the perfect place for us.
This place is really nice, and it has so many ammenities. The grounds are well kept, and the landscaping is beautiful. The location is great too because it's far enough away from campus that we're away from the party scene, but close enough that it will be easy for Scott to take public transportation to school. I'm really feeling much better about things now that I know we have a nice place to live. While we were there we also crossed some other 'to do's' off our list such as:
1) Eat at Joe's BBQ in Gilbert
2) Visit Bahama Bucks
4) Check out campus and find Scott's building where all his classes will be.
5) Spend time with my cousins.
6) Eat at El Rico's
7) Shop at Trader Joe's
8) Visit the Mesa LDS Temple
This was a great trip for us, and we accomplished a lot of things that needed to be done before the big move. It's strange to think in a few months I'll live there!









8 comments:
Sounds like a fun and productive trip to AZ.
I am glad you found a place to live...that's something kinda important. Anyhow I am glad you enjoyed yourself and had fun and got things accomplished...what a trip. Also I love the hair cut, so CUTE!
This sounds like such a lovely adventure to take together. What fun! I'm glad you found somewhere to call home; it sounds perfect :) Don't forget to keep in touch!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and got a lot done!! I think that apartment looks way nice!....but does the ac work :)
Love the post, love that we will have somewhere else to visit. Ummmm, is it just me or does your list lack the number 3? Was number 3 something just too personal to write here? It's OK, Katie, we won't judge you.
Oops! Apparently I cannot count.
Thanks for teaching us how to respond to these blogs.
I love the Mesa Temple! I'm glad you were able to do so much.
I also created a blog after seeing how fun it is for you guys and Janae and Michael. It is scottanddeannjones.blogspot.com
Scott doesn't know about it yet, though. Right now it's decorated with ribbons and bows and a funny picture of him. So depending on when you look at it next, it might have changed a bit.
Post a Comment