Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hawaii 5-0!

Scott and I were lucky enough to have the opportunity to visit the island of Oahu in order to participate in an international art and humanities conference. Scott submitted a paper he wrote and they invited him to present it. It was the first of many more opportunities Scott will have to be able to present at education conferences in the future. I didn't want to miss out on a trip to Hawaii so I tagged along as well. When we told my parents his paper was accepted they casually joked that it would be so fun for my mother to celebrate her 50th birthday in Hawaii "Hawaii 5-0 style". A few weeks of conversations and collaboration later, we were able to work it out that they would be able to make it there with us. January 9, my mother's birthday was the day we spent traveling to the island. My siblings and I didn't want my mom's special day to go unnoticed so we decided to collect letters from many of my Mom's closest friends and family for her to read on the airplane. I think she really enjoyed that surprise. First thing, we checked into our hotel and saw the gorgeous views we would enjoy the rest of the week. We had an ocean view and out our balcony, we had a perfect view of diamond head crater.




Our first night in Honolulu we celebrated my mother's birthday at a prime rib buffet in our hotel. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great. We were so tired after a long day of flights that we went to bed at 9:00. We had a long week of fun adventures ahead of us...

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Woo Hoo! Can't wait for your next entries. I want to hear all about it!
Look at that view!!!!

The DeGiulio's said...

Thats so awesome you were able to go to Hawaii! Some day :)

Post a Comment