Friday, January 7, 2011

Utah Trip - Holidays 2010


Well everyone, this is actually Scott and not Katie. She says that this will be the year of Scott if I make the first blog post. I think she was just irritated by me asking her repeatedly to create the post on the new MacBook I bought for school because like any boy with a new toy I am seeking approval. But she said I should make the post and logged me on, so here I am.
Anyway, here we go. So for the holiday season we took a two week trip back to Utah to visit family and friends and unwind from our hectic lives down here in Tempe and thereby avoid any stress related nervous breakdowns. Not that things are that stressful but you can never be too safe, and that semester was brutal. But I'm off topic again.
So we flew to Utah at 6:30 am or something (thanks to Katie's uncle Jeff for driving us to the airport in the wee hours of the morning and my mom for picking us up in Salt Lake). The first couple days we did things like eat at the Ogden Pizzeria with both of our families and just sort of hang out. I was able to hang out with some friends of mine and go see a movie and that was fun. We also went to an ugly sweater party hosted by Rachelle which was very fun.
There is the proof. I stole that pic from Rachelle's Facebook account. I was wearing a pretty sweet sweater with llamas on it I borrowed from Katie's parents. So that was fun. It was good to see everyone again.
So on Christmas eve we hung out with my parents during the day and then went to the annual Christmas Eve dinner with the Frederiksens. It was a fun night and again it was really good to see the extended family again and play games (which the in-laws like myself dominated I might add) and eat very well. Afterwards we just went home and had hot chocolate and had a quiet evening and went to bed. On Christmas we got up early to open presents with my parents, and then went to the Fred's again just as Sarah called. It was good to talk to her, she should be coming home soon. Then we opened presents with them and everyone was just as pleased as punch. Let's look at some pictures eh?That's me and Camille in our ASU gear and Gus Gus, the regal beastly cat at the Fred's house that I thought I would post a picture of just for posterity.


Phew, this is getting long. I'll speed up. So we did things like go see a play that our friend Kevin was starring in at the Desert Star theater with Katie's parents. We, ummm, I'm having a hard time remembering. Oh yeah, we were scuttled by the blizzard and had a sleepover at Katie's old house. So on to New Year's! On New Year's Eve we had a spectacular turkey dinner with my parents and Grandparents. It was all decked out. It was great evening and we ate a lot of food and then went back to Katie's parents' house for their party. There was also a delightful assortment of food there as the extended family had their usual seafood party: shrimp cocktail, shrimp scampi, prime rib, coconut shrimp, clam chowder, all examples of the great seafood which provided spectacular gustatory pleasure to those in attendance. I played video games with the younger people for the majority of the night and no doubt impressed everyone with my talents, which are considerable. Then we watched the ball drop on TV with Ryan Seacrest and an animatronic Dick Clark and a great time was had by all. New Years Day we watched a movie with my nieces and nephews and went to my sister Katie's where we ate chicken and played Band Hero.That's me doing a stirring rendition of Mr. Roboto. Our band was named "Flatulent Pastry." The next day we drove to Idaho with my parental units for the blessing of Bronson, my newest nephew whom we had not met. Idaho is freaking freezing these days for us Arizona residents. But it was really fun to see my sister Kelley and her family. And once again we had spectacular food.
Here is Katie with little Bronson, he is so heavy you practically need a lumbar harness to hold him. On Monday, for Katie's aunt Elaine's birthday, we had dinner at that Chopstix place on Harrison where Training Table used to be (which by the way is fantastic, get the walnut shrimp). We opened our fortune cookies which I guess are our fortunes for the year. Katie is going to have to finally find herself apparently and I'm going to get a prestigious award, which I assume means my sizable student loan which should be coming through any day now.

Well that's it. We flew back. It is nice to be out of that dang cold weather back to sunny AZ, but we do miss everyone. Now it's time to get books and for me to get reading like crazy so I can be ready for the semester on the 18th. Katie rolled right back into work again too. So we're good.
Well thanks for reading. That was long I know. As a reward he is picture of Rachel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am REALLY concentrating on playing that guitar. Actually, I'm not wearing my glasses and am trying to see my notes on that dang TV. It was fun to have you guys here. Oh, and that picture of Katie holding Bronson makes me laugh.

Jenny Smith said...

I actually laughed out loud when I read that part about needing a "lumbar harness" to hold Bronson. No wimps in the Gee family!

Oh and you better hold onto to that cardigan sweater you wore to the party. I can just imagine you 15 years from now a balding, aging, English professor that wears dorky sweaters.

Post a Comment