So we've sent our confirmation email to Arizona that says "Ready or not here we come!". School starts August 19 so we will be moving in sometime early August. (I know...Not the most ideal time to move to Tempe)
The more I plan, the more excited/nervous I get. There is so much to do!! Luckily, Scott's parents were gracious enough to allow us to stay with them for the next few months so we can save the money we would be spending on rent for school. So now I've got the rest of the month to pack up our apartment. I began this morning to pull out boxes. Boy, we've accumulated a lot of stuff the short time we have been married. This will be a great time for me to weed out the stuff we don't need or want. While cleaning,I've been feeling a little sentimental about our first place, and the two years we have spent here! It's going to be hard to leave, but I will never forget our first home!
Despite the mushy sentiment, I'm really excited to start looking for our next place. We've booked a flight to Phoenix in May so we can check out the neighborhoods surrounding the school and hopefully find an apartment we can stay in for the next couple of years. I'm currently contacting the Mesa and Phoenix LDSFS agencies to see if they have caseworker positions available for me when we move down. If all goes according to plan, it should be a pretty smooth transition. After a day like yesterday where we got 6 inches of snow overnight, Arizona sounds pretty nice.
13 years ago









2 comments:
What exciting new adventures that are coming your way. Good luck with finding a place when you go in May. And thats great you can stay with his family to help save money.
Good luck!! I hope you get to stay with LDS Family...
Post a Comment