Anyway, this year cousins camp began on July 4 when we went canoeing at Causey Reservoir. We divided 22 people among 8 canoes and headed out on the water. The weather was perfect! Regretfully, it took some boats longer than others to get used to rowing in syncronization.....ahem....Camille..... :) but once we got going, it was super fun. Some of our other fun activities at Cousins Camp 2009 included boating at Willard Bay, Lagoon, Fireworks, Family Reunion at Roy Aquatic Center, Lava Hot Springs, and Jamie's Baptism.


Among all of this fun, my sister Sarah left for eighteen months to serve a mission in Lubbock, Texas. My family and I dropped her off at the MTC on July 8. Just over a week later, we received a call from Sarah telling us that the mission doctor reevaluated her mission call and decided it would be best for her to go to a cooler climate. She is now assigned to the Billings, Montana mission.
Last weekend Scott and I went with his parents, a couple of siblings, and a handful of neices and nephews to Rexburg, Idaho to see his sister Kelley, and her family. It was so much fun to have a mini vacation and to spend time with family. Kelley and David have their own farm complete with chickens and goats. We had fun at the waterpark, ate at Craigo's Pizza, had super yummy snow cones, played with a parachute, swam at the hotel and line-danced the night away. I love spending time with my in-laws. They sure know how to have a good time!!
Lastly, this week is the countdown to the one year anniversary of my wedding day. Today is my 24th birthday, and Saturday will be August 1.... one year from the day I married my eternal sweetheart. I cannot explain how grateful I am to have Scott in my life. He brings me happiness that I've never experienced before. I love him so much and I'm excited to celebrate one year of wedded bliss!!









1 comments:
Happy Birthday Katie!! Hope you have a great day!!
Post a Comment