Thursday, January 22, 2009

Resolution Season

I'm very new to this whole blogging thing, and I've never been good at writing in a journal, but since I am on the computer ALL THE TIME I thought it would be fun to give this a shot.

Scott and I were able to go to Arizona for Thanksgiving. It was so much fun! My Aunt Elaine was a wonderful host to have so many members of my family intrude on her home. We were able to steal the car a few days and drive around to a few of Scott's old mission areas. That was such an irriplacable experience for me to see all of the places he had served in as a young missionary, way before I even knew him. Not to mention the weather was a beautiful 80+ degrees! We also rode bikes around Arizona State University, and visited "temple square" around the Mesa Temple. Thanksgiving dinner was so wonderful, and we were able to follow it up with a long nap. We were so sad to come home, but we will definately have some great memories of our holiday in AZ.



There is nothing more special than a couple's first Christmas together, and I was a little worried about how we were going to work out who we spent our time with, but it all worked out so well. A few weeks before Christmas Kelley and her family were able to come from Idaho and we went on a fun outing to Salt Lake City. We took the front runner to SLC and spent the afternoon at the Church History Museum and on Temple Square. It was great to see all of the neices and nephews interact and play together, and to chat with the family. I am so blessed to have married into the best family ever! The next night we all got together at Jim and Carolyn's and had a Christmas party. We had dinner and played BINGO. Everyone was laughing and talking, and the kids were running around. We're definately going to have to make this a yearly tradition because it was so much fun!


Christmas was really relaxed and fun. We were so spoiled! Our families really take good care of us. It is so exciting for us to develop our own family traditions for the holidays.






And lastly, we're excited for the new year and what it holds for us as a couple. I hope it turns out to be as rewarding as last year!

2 comments:

The Hodsons said...

Katie, I'm so glad that you guys had such a wonderful Christmas and trip down to sunny Arizona. Yeah for the newest blogger!!!!!

Kelley said...

Are you sure you're a newbie to the blog world? This looks pretty perfect to me! I never did see your apartment all decorated for the holiday! Super cute!

Post a Comment